For Tactical Paramedics
The TP-C Examination
The Certified Tactical Paramedic (TP-C) Examination consists of 125 questions and 10 unscored items. The candidate is provided 2.5 hours to complete the examination. The certification process is focused on the knowledge level of accomplished, tactical paramedics in hostile and austere environments. The questions on the examination are based in sound paramedicine and tactical principles. The candidate is expected to maintain a significant knowledge of current ACLS, ITLS/PHTLS, TCCC and TECC standards.
TP-C Exam Requirements and Study Recommendations
- NRP or state equivalent
The exam is based on the 17 critical domains of the National TEMS Initiative and Council (NTIC). The following textbooks are recommended:
TP-C Study Recommendations
- PHTLS, Military Edition (8th Edition) by NAEMT. Published by Jones & Bartlett Learning (2014). ISBN-13: 978-1284041750
- TCCC guidelines can be found here: TCCC.
- TECC guidelines can be found here: TECC.
TCCC / TECC guidelines
Additional TP-C Study Resources
- SOF Combat Casualty Care Handbook, 2013. Supplement to Journal of Special Operations Medicine. ISBN-13: 978-1493685332
- K9 Tactical Emergency Casualty Care Guidelines can be found here: K9-TECC.
- Tactical Combat Casualty Care: Lessons and Best Practices. Published by the US Army (2014). ISBN-13: 978-1502430618
- Tactical Paramedic Certification & Practical Application by Kyle Faudree. Published by North American Rescue, LLC, (2014). ISBN-13: 978-0990356103 TCCC and Wound Treatment. US Army 2016. ISBN-13: 978-1634503310
- Remote and Austere Medicine Field Guide for Practitioners available at the College of Remote and Offshore Medicine
Click here for the Handbook