Different terminology is used for continuing education credit.
FP-C/ CCP-C Renewal uses the measurement of contact hours in which one contact hour equals 50 minutes. Following are some guidelines to assist in determining contact hours:
- 1 contact hour equals 1 CECH, 1 CERP, 1 CEARP, or 1 CME
- 1 CEU or continuing education unit equals 1 contact hour
- 1 academic semester credit equals 15 contact hours
- 1 academic quarter credit equals 10 contact hours
- 1 academic trimester credit equals 12 contact hours
For the first recertification cycle, certifications expiring before 30 January 2021, are only renewable through examination. IBSC Medical Directors, Drs. Cole & Wilcox determined that because of the rapid growth in this specialty area and the dynamic nature of the exam material combined with the lack of CP-C continuing education widely available, validating a certificant's competency in community paramedicine can only be accomplished through an examination process.